When it Rains, the power goes out...every time😁
Opa! Blaza?
How is everyone doing? This week went by really quickly! Why? Because every night I went to bed exhausted from running around Nelson Costa all day😂
This whole week it rained, hence the title, so I was soaked every day! But it was so worth it! The week has been colder ( high 70s, low 80s) but pretty humid! So as we were running around, I was sweating from the inside while being soaked by the rain, what an interesting experience it was😂 And yes, the power was out quite often because...let's say...Brazil has an interesting way of setting up their power lines, which means water can easily get in and break things, but all is well when you're in the service of the Lord!
The language is coming along, I understand what my Companion says and what any missionary from the States says, but I only understand about 20-30% of what the people here in Bahia say, which is frustrating but every day I'm improving! The Gift of Tongues is real and it truly works!
One funny thing this week was my first actual encounter with a Drunk guy!😂 He was really nice but I couldn't understand at all what he was saying😂 The reason we met him was because the day before we met some of his kids at his house and they were interested in learning more so we set up a time to meet the next day. Well, we show up and none of them are there.🫠 Except for one of the sons, who was pretty cool but that's when we meet the Dad😂 He kept offering us stuff ( juice and cookies) he eventually just handed us two glasses of juice (which was pretty good) and gave us a bunch of cookies and then, as we were trying to leave, he gave me three hugs😂😂 Why? Because he really liked me even though I barely said anything because I couldn't understand him😂 He asked Elder Alves why I was so sacred of him, when in reality I just couldn't understand him and I was trying not to laugh the whole time😂😂 we had a good time laughing after that experience 😂😂
This week we were able to find quite a lot of people! But unfortunately, when we tried getting them to church on Sunday, they weren't home.😭 Except for this one couple that we found! Célio and Gilmara! They're are really amazing! They are so ready for the gospel, they just need to get married first, but they want to! So we've been working with them and they loved church! So this next week hopefully they get married and we can put them on date!
This week was quite a lesson learner, and it was difficult. I know though, that I as I lean on the Lord for strength and support that He will help me through everything and He will help you too! I know that He has his arm outstretched every. single. second. of. every. Single. Day. There is nothing more important than turning to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who has gone below everything to then rise above everything.
Love you all tons, hope everything is going swell and that your enjoying the cold!😁🥶
Com Muito Amor,
Elder Giles
















Comments
Post a Comment