Feira de Santana, here I come!
Oi! Como vai!
The time has come! My last time playing pickleball in the Church gym today, because I'm going to Brazil! I haven't received my travel plans yet, but in the words of Sister Steed, our mission office secretary, " I have faith that they'll come this week." I know that I will be leaving, hopefully, this Thursday, but I don't have a flight, a time, no nothing!😂 But the mission presidency wants me ready to leave, so I'm packing up and heading to Lansing on Wednesday!
I love Jonesville, this has been the most amazing experience to be doing the Lord's work here in these small towns, the people are so kind and caring. This area is tough, but the Lord knows where His elect are. One quote that has stuck to me these past two transfers is "There are no Dead areas, only faithless missionaries" It's so true, the Lord knows where His people are, you just have to exercise faith and put your trust in the Lord that he will guide you where you need to be. Whether that be finding people, or just planting seeds. The Lord needs you where you are now and he has guided you to that place.
I love 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." The Lord knows what you are capable of, He has given You the tools He needs you to be an instrument in his hands. Another major lesson that I learned these past 2 transfers is to trust in the promise that if I open my mouth, the Holy Ghost shall fill it. As I have trusted in that promise, I have seen every time that it comes true. Every Time. The Lord never lies, we just have to have faith and take that first step every time because the Lord requires effort, but he will be in front pulling and behind pushing us when we trust in him.
This is my Testimony, That He Lives! Jesus Christ is our All! His miracles have not ceased since he has been taken back into Heaven. He talks to the Prophet, Apostles, and us every day. He wants to bless us, we just have to turn to Him. I know, just like it says in the Hymn "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" that "He lives, my Savior, still the same. Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: I Know that my Redeemer lives!" I love His Gospel and His work, for it has truly changed me. I say these things, in our Lord and Savior's name, Jesus Christ, amen!
I love you all so much! Feel Free to email me! I promise I'll respond within 2 Business weeks😂
Com mais Amor,
Elder Giles










Comments
Post a Comment