Transfers and a Baptism!🌊🌊🌊



Opaaaaaa! Bom Dia!

What a week! This week has gone by really quick and so has the transfer! 
For the most exciting news, I was blessed to baptize Alexandre! He's really awesome, he has some pretty big family issues, (that's why he reached out to us through comeuntoChrist.org) but he found so much joy and comfort in the Gospel! The reason I haven't talked much about him is because we originally stopped teaching him, but he texted us a couple days after, saying that he realized he hadn't been to church and he realized that the lessons we had really helped, so he came to church without having us to go to pick him up! That was last week, so we've been teaching him all this week. This Sunday he'll receive the Holy Ghost and will be confirmed a member!
Also, sorry for not sending an email this past 2 weeks, I've been really busy! (And very tiredπŸ˜‚) but to let you know, the Portuguese is way better! I can truly testify of the Gift of Tongues, this past week I've been able to do contacts all by myself, as well as have conversations with members! I have to really concentrate, (which can be difficult when it's 8 o'clock and I'm exhausted from the dayπŸ˜‚) but I'm able to understand most things that are being said!
Transfer News! I'm staying here in Nelson Costa, but my comp is going back up to Petrolina to be a trainer, District leader, and open a new area! I'm super excited for him! As for my new comp, he's an American and his name is Elder Wilson! I'll find out more about him on Wednesday when he gets here to Nelson Costa but he'll also be the District leader as well, which will be awesome! I'm super excited for this transfer!
I'm so very grateful for this opportunity to be here in Brazil to serve and help others come unto Christ! I've truly found more Joy and comfort here, even though it's really hard, than anywhere else. I love my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. He truly has pulled me up from the darkest depths and brought me into the light. That's my invitation to y'all this day, to search for Christ! Search for him in the Bible, especially the Book of Mormon, and pray! You will always find him waiting for you with his arms outstretched! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen!
I hope everyone had a great week and that you found something new to tryout! I love you all so much!
Com Amor,
Elder Giles





























jack fruit

cacao





coconut




sugar cane


jack fruit



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Email Email Email😁

General Conference, As Palavras de Deus!!!