An Apostle spoke to us, last few days in the MTC, and most importantly Jesus Loves you!





October 16, 2023

Oi! Tudo Bem!

This week has been kinda crazy! On Tuesday we had a devotional with Elder Gerrit W. Gong and it was so good! He really helped me find new ways to study and feel the spirit. Also, I almost shook his hand after the devotional, but right before he got to me, he got distracted by something. Sad, but not that important.

On Thursday, My district and I started "Speak Your Language!" Speak Your Language is a program at the MTC that has you speak the language you're learning for the last week. That means 24 hours a day, I'm speaking portuguese. It has been pretty difficult, speaking in a language that I don't really know any words in is crazy, but I've learned a ton! Shout out to My German teacher for helping to instill in me good study habits because it really has helped me learn Portuguese. 

The last bit of the week has been normal, just finishing up classes and hanging out with my district. Today, my district and I went to the Temple for the last time for most of us for two years! Most of the missions that my district is going to, including mine that I am supposed to go to, don't have Temples in them. So, it was an awesome experience! I'm pretty sure I have a temple in my area in Michigan, so hopefully I'll be able to go! 
Speaking of Michigan, I have my travel plans! I leave the MTC on Thursday at 4:07am😁😁 It is going to be a long day, but I'm super excited! 

Finally, I just wanted to share some scriptures with you, these scriptures are from the Book of Mormon. In these scriptures, A prophet of God, King Benjamin, is giving an address to his people. 
Mosiah 4: 8-12
8 And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you. 
9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. 
10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them. 
11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.
12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it testifies of Jesus Christ. I love the Book of Mormon, it has brought me so much comfort and joy. 
Em nome de Jesus Cristo, amém! I love you all! Feel free to email me with any questions!
Love,
Elder Giles

The Good Stuff:

 

Another service line with the Elders

Cool sunset

 I have no idea

I think I fell asleep in the middle of the door aproach😂

My Good side of my face😁

The camera man got caught

My Comp confuses me too

My Comp confuses me a lot😂

Elder Warnick said something crazy😂

Muito bonito montanhas 

 Hallway photo

Sunday walk to the Temple

Elder Orantes e Elder Hall

My Comp and I are weird 

I'm Elder Orantes now

Last class with Irmã Harward😭








Comments

  1. By now you have arrived in Lansing Michigan. You will love it there. Right now the fall leaves will be beautiful and the nights cold. It is football season, so the campus of Michigan State Uni in East Lansing will be crazy. It has large LDS student population (2o years ago hehe) Your cousin Melissa used to live there and loved it. Hopefully your visa will come through soon, but enjoy the people of of north - they are very interesting! We love you and wish you peace and health as you navigate the missionary life. Love, Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment