The last visa waiter, This week was a rollercoaster, We serve a God of Miracles
Oi!
This week was pretty crazy! It had so many ups and downs but at the end I was able to see the Lord's hand in everything that happened!
To start off, this week had a couple of days where every lesson we had fell through which was quite demoralizing, but Elder Stettler and I were able to trust in the Lord and he knew exactly where we needed to be. We were doorknocking on Wednesday, everything that we had set up that day had fallen through, and it was freezing cold and no one wanted to hear our message,(I'm now 2/3 for picking streets to doorknock because before that we had found someone every time it was my turn to pick, the Holy Ghost is so cool and is absolutely amazing, the only reason why we're able to find people is because of God and the promptings of the Holy Ghost) But on the last house we came up to knock, and there were two Huskies that were there sitting and barking at the window, (I love dogs and so does Elder Stettler) and they were so cute and their barks were the funniest thing. That interaction boosted our morale and we were able to continue on with a way better mood because of it! That was such a small and tender miracle, because the Lord is good and blessed our hard work with some cute and hilarious Huskies! It is truly amazing how the Lord works in ways that don't make sense but they always work out in the end.
Now the good part, WE PUT ANOTHER PERSON ON DATE!!!! Let's goooooo! This was such a blessing and an answer to prays. Our Friend's name is Drake and he is so awesome! He was a referral that we got on Halloween and have been trying to meet with him since, but things have just gotten in the way. On Thursday though, we were able to meet with him and had an amazing Restoration lesson with him. The spirit was so strong and then we meet with him on Sunday night and taught him The Gospel of Jesus Christ and it went so well that Elder Stettler and I were prompted to ask him to be Baptized! he said yes and his Baptismal date is the 23rd of December! Right before Christmas!
Finally, To explain the title, I'm pretty sure that I'm the last person from my MTC group that isn't in Brazil.(Except Elder Orantes, because his mission is Ogden, Utah, so he didn't have to wait for a Visa. Love you Elder Orantes! Try to stay warm with me this winter🥶) The reason I mention this is because it could be so very easy of me to complain and not do anything because quote "It's not my Mission" but I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone! This time that I have spent in Michigan has been the greatest and the worst, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. That is because this work is the greatest work that there is, helping bringing people closer to Jesus Christ is the greatest thing ever.
This Church is true and the Book of Mormon is true. There is no doubt in my head, and I know the Lord has need of me here in Michigan but he also will have need of me in Brazil, but that will come in time and right now, my focus is bringing souls unto Christ in Jonesville, Michigan. I love this work, for it is not my work, but the work of the Lord. I am only but an Instrument in his hand. Jesus is the Christ.
Love you all!
Até logo!
Com Amor,
Elder Giles
![]() |
Snow in Jonesville! The Book of Mormon is cool😁 |
![]() |
| Me with the church sign😁 |


Comments
Post a Comment