Feliz Natal!! The Joyous work of the Lord!
Olá! Como você está? Feliz Natal!!!
Merry Christmas! This week has been quite an adventure! The Lord truly works in small and simple things! So many small things happened this week to help Elder Stettler and I improve each other and improve the work here in Jonesville! I truly do love the Lord's work even though it's difficult.
On Tuesday we had Zone Conference! It was a ton of fun hanging out with the Elders that I'd met before (shout out to Elder Olson, I missed you this Zone Conference 😭😭) We had some amazing meetings that were so spiritual, President and Sister Peckham are really so amazing and I love them so much! We also played some games and had a blast!
This week has taught me some very valuable lessons. What I want to focus on today, is that Jesus Christ should be our focus in our life, not just in this Christmas Season but every. single. day. Having Christ as our foundation and always having our eyes fixed on him will allow us to push through everything the world will throw at us. I love the scripture, Helaman 5:12
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Also, I love the part in the New Testament, when Peter walks on water. But just like us all, Peter is human and looks away from Jesus, seeing the rough and dark waves, starts to sink. We all make mistakes and we look away from Jesus Christ, we start to slide off our foundation but, Jesus will always be there to grab our hands, to push us back on our foundation. He will always be there for us, even when we either don't realize it or don't want him to be.
It is my Testimony that He lives, He loves us, and He is our advocate. He loves us unconditionally and He died for us because he loves us unconditionally. I know that He is the Holy One of Israel and the Great Amen. That Joseph Smith is a prophet from God and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that we are children of a Loving Heavenly Father and He has a plan for us. I say this, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I hope this Christmas season is going well for everyone! I love this time of the year. Also, I love seeing your emails! Feel free send me one and I'll respond to them as soon as I can!
Com Amor,
Elder Giles




















Comments
Post a Comment